Midori Hamono knives are forged in Gifu prefecture, one of japan's well-known area for their long history of blacksmithing. Using the traditional sword making skill, The blacksmiths of Midorihamono produces high quality cutlery with fine aesthetics and durability.
Midori knives feature a thin blade with a professional grade VG-10 stainless steel core, 33 layers of laminated stainless Damascus cladding and a full-tang hardwood handle. VG-10 steel was first developed in Takefu, in the Fukui Prefecture of Japan. The region was formerly known as Echizen province and was a major cutlery and sword-making center for centuries. In addition to its excellent edge-retention and resilience against rust, you can tell VG-10 is great because it means "gold" and "10."
* Brand Midori Hamono
* VG-10, one of the most popular steel in Japanese knife
* General Purpose knife 185mm (7.25″)
* Used for chopping, slicing and dicing ingredients for soups, stews and vegetable platters, meat and fish
* Octagonal handle
* Great gift to your loved ones.
* 33 nickle layers
* Stay sharp a long time
* Blade steel: VG-10
* Blade length: 185mm (7.28")
* Overall length: 12.5″
* Overall weight: 0.30lbs
* Blade bevel: Double equal bevel.
* Wash and keep dry after each use.
* No overnight in dishwashing machine.
* Do not use on frozen food and bones